Friday, January 10, 2014

Style Inspiration: An Education

In high school I went through a phase where my style was very influenced by Japanese street fashion and the 70's. As I have gotten older though I really have just fallen in love with the 1960's dresses and cardigans. Some of my inspirations you'll find on my pinterest board. But I every once in awhile I inspiration in films too like An Education. I saw it when it first came out but was recently reminded how stunning Carey Mulligan's outfits were; according to the costume director who chose her wardrobe  for the movie every piece was vintage too.

Seriously, look at their coats:




I think I am just infatuated with the timeless classiness of that era. The way the dresses fell, the cinched waists, even the quality of the material was just so lovely. Also, the hats. I am going to declare right now my personal 2014 fashion mission statement is to bring hats back.

 And here's a couple more of the gorgeous outfits she wears in the film:








Now if only I could find cute things like these to wear for the next few months while I rock the baby bump.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this movie and the clothing! Timeless. Great post, check out ModCloth if you haven't already!
    http://www.modcloth.com/

    -Brittany (Pittsburgh Glamour Blog)
    http://pittsburghglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate it immensely!