Friday, January 3, 2014

Maternity Style - 20 weeks








I just hit 20 weeks yesterday and realized that this marks my first maternity outfit post. So a little bit on my maternity wardrobe:  I have to say that looking for inspiration on styling the bump has left something to be desired. I did get some really cute outfits for Christmas and have been keeping my eye out at the thrift store while working with clothes I already have. Thrift stores are the way to go for sure. I walked into Motherhood Maternity last month when I finally needed to break down and get a pair of pants and I walked out about 30 seconds later in total disappointment with the jacked up prices (and later found a pair of jeans at Ross that were a fraction of the cost).

With that said I have been wearing a lot of skirts lately. It's a versatile item and quite comfy for the expanding belly.






I also find myself wearing a lot of bandanas; they are perfect for the days I just don't feel like straightening my hair. I'm channeling a little bit of Rosie the Riveter. ;)









[O U T F I T   D E T A I L S] Nail polish is OPI's 'suzi loves cowboys', a color I don't wear often enough. I feel like it is a rich alternative to a burgundy hue and perfect for a wintertime outfit. Skirt, shoes and top are all thrifted.






As far as pregnancy updates go, I am feeling pretty good these days. The nausea comes and goes still pretty frequently but that is kind of how it goes for me, drinking ginger tea seems to help. (I had hyperemesis gravidarum in my pregnancy with Rosie.) The only thing I really crave is clementines. I could eat them all day!

Stay tuned for next week, we find out the baby's gender on Monday (insert delighted squeals here).

3 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate it immensely!