Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Go Green with this One Simple Way


With Hawaii looking to be the first state to ban plastic bags, I thought there was no better time to talk about this very simple step you can take towards cutting down waste.


Reusable grocery bags. Use them, love them and always have them with you! Make it your personal pact to keep a few in the car at all times. This is such an easy way to help the environment that requires next to no effort. Besides, are you ever really going to use all of those gazillion bags forming a colony under your sink? Who needs that kind of clutter anyways!

And if you are trying to be frugal, a lot of stores will even give you an itty bitty discount for bringing your own bags (read: a few cents, but still an incentive right?) And that concludes my PSA for today. I’m glad to see Hawaii taking this step and I hope for more states to follow suit.  

1 comment:

  1. I have so many reusable bags and I ALWAYS forget them! I need to just keep them in our trunk and always put them back after unloading the groceries. I'm SO tired of the plastic bags piling up in my pantry that I end up throwing them away (a no-no, I know!) and then I feel guilty! We already got rid of all our plastic tupperware and use glass now (for other reasons than recycling). Here's to resolving to use less plastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate it immensely!