Friday, December 6, 2013

Tis the Season...




...For the hot pink Christmas tree to make it's reappearance! I get pretty giddy counting down the days until I can convince Stephen that it's time to pull out the decorations (usually the day after Thanksgiving because I am impatient ;D). I know December can be a stressful month for some but I just relish the cheery music, cold weather and beautiful decorations. I love the little rituals of sending out cards, hanging stockings and singing along to Frank Sinatra Christmas songs. And yes, I am guilty of doing the Elf on the Shelf (our's is named Icarius thank you very much).

 This year there were a few new additions to the Disney ornament collection: Baloo (from the Jungle Book) and Miss Bianca and Bernard (The Rescuers). While browsing online, I found one that's definitely on my wish list now: the Ursula shoe! What can I say she's my favorite Disney villain.

I think it is easy to get caught up in the materialistic side of the holiday, either striving to get the latest and greatest gadget or rushing towards the opposite direction of no gift-giving at all. I will say I like that there seems to be a big push towards supporting local businesses and homemade gifts this year. Although it has made me woefully aware that I cannot knit, crochet or sew anything worth putting a bow on haha. Maybe it's about time I change that!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate it immensely!