Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Parenting in the Zombie Apocalypse

A more fitting title to this one is "Parenting in the Zombie Apocalypse or Rather What Not to Do as Illustrated by the Characters of The Walking Dead".  I am still reeling from last week's episode, on top of having Walking Dead withdrawals since the midseason finale. What on earth is this business of making me wait till February?

And while I will console myself by getting caught up on the graphic novels, there are a couple things that have bugged me over the last few seasons. Not to get all sanctimommy but does anyone watch their kids in a zombie apocalypse?! Or you know, at a bare minimum teach them how to handle a firearm/slingshot/whistle/something other than how to make mud pies.

(Let it be known, I had way too much fun looking up Lori memes for the sake of this post).  

My other gripe? Why on Earth did no one plan for Judith's (aka Little Ass Kicker) arrival last season? Like you had nine months to prepare and no one thought to pick up diapers? Wipes? Bottles? Someone should have sent Glen out for a scavenger hunt to Babies R Us at some point. They could have had a nice little zombie apocalypse-style baby shower and everything!

(Who can I thank for this glorious photoshopped pic?)

And lastly, probably the surest sign that I think about these things way too much. Babywearing. Daryl, I'm looking at you because let's be real Rick is off having a mental breakdown/playing farmer. Learn to use a wrap or a sling and voila, you can still slay zombies with two free hands!

And that concludes parenting in the zombie apocalypse, brought to you by a mother who has watched one too many zombie movies and may have a mild obsession with babywearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate it immensely!