Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Family Movie Time: Disney Classics


I've been enjoying the cozy rainy days lately, it's the perfect weather to just cuddle up inside with some hot soup and a blanket with a fat hound dog on your feet. But what to do with a toddler who doesn't find those things quite as fun? I admit, I finally broke down and let her watch some movies on netflix. I say broke down but to be honest avoiding screen time was never something I set out as a parent to be militant about (although most child development experts will suggest no screen time until 2).

It just happened that during the day we rarely have the television on except when this mama sneaks her lame ass reality tv shows in during nap time.  We do watch Mouk on youtube occasionally (she loves Chavapa) and I have introduced her to some of my favorite Disney classics recently too. Netflix has some good choices although it is hard for me to choose a favorite (Aladdin, The Great Mouse Detective and The Rescuers get honorable mentions).

Of the ones we have watched I was surprised that Sword in the Stone was Rosie's favorite. It kept her attention the entire time (a rare feat). She was totally enamored by Archimedes and kept chanting "owl, owl owl!" whenever she saw him.

What are some movies your child loves?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate it immensely!